New For Vista in 2016 – Rum Shack @ Vista Rooftop Garden
This April we are delighted to announce a new partnership with two premium Rum brands – Pampero and Pyrat – and the launch of the Rum Shack @ Vista Rooftop Garden. We invite you to take a walk through Vista Bar and Grill to soak up some relaxing cool vibes and enter the chilled out world of Rum!
The Rum Shack will be serving Rum and Rum cocktails all day and will be hosting intimate cocktail masterclass sessions held every Monday evening, inviting guests to explore the rich history of Rum and learn about the distinct styles of Pampero Rum and Pyrat Rum and what makes them so special. The sessions will culminate in guests creating their own special Rum cocktails!
Let’s Talk Rum
- Pampero Rum have 3 Rums in their range – Pampero Anẽjo Blanco, Pampero Anẽjo Especial and Pampero Anivesario.
- Blanco is a blend of young and heavier white rums, which is aged for a minimum of 2 years in ex-scotch whisky casks before it is charcoal filtered
- Especial is a standard bearer for all Venezuelan rum – it was the first Venezuelan Rum to be designated ‘Anẽjo’ (aged). It is a golden Rum aged in ex-bourbon white oak casks for a minimum of 18 months.
- Aniversario is a super-premium smooth, dark, rich mahogany rum, aged for a minimum of 4 years in ex-whisky or sherry casks. It was first released in 1968 to celebrate 25 years of Pampero.
- Pyrat Rum are showcasing their XO Reserve at the Rum Shack. This is a unique blend of rums from across the Caribbean, aged for up to 15 years in French and American oak barrels. This creates a perfectly balanced, elegant and smooth medium-bodied rum.
Pampero / Pyrat Rum Masterclass Sessions
Join us for one of our Rum masterclass sessions to be held on select dates throughout the Summer starting from 27th April, 2016. Each session costs £20 per person for 45 mins inclusive of 2 x cocktails (one per person) and a Pampero / Pyrat cocktail of their choice.
Monday 19th September
Monday 26th September
Timing: 6pm and 7.30pm
Duration: 45 mins each session
The sessions will be hosted by our Rum ambassadors and will start with a classic rum cocktail – the Mojito – upon arrival. Guests will then be taken through the history of Rum and the stories behind Pampero and Pyrat, before being shown how rum works best in cocktails and food matching. Guests will be encouraged to experience the different styles of rum for themselves before having the chance to create their own favourite rum cocktail.